Vice President of Public Relations
The Vice President of Public relations is responsible the development of all strategies for raising the profile of the Putting Rare Diseases Patients First! organization. The Vice President of Public Relations sits on the Board of Directors.
Basis: This is a volunteer position
Key Job Responsibilities:
Primary Responsibilities will include:
The development of effective strategies and tactics to raise the global profile of PRDP
|Priority Setting||Business Acumen|
|Leadership skills||Patient and customer Engagement|
|Decision Making abilities||Organizational Agility|
|Communication skills||Integrity & Trust|
|High level of motivation||Compliance|
Required Job Qualifications:
- This person must have a background in public relations.
- At least 10 years of relevant public relations experience
- At least 5 years of experience working in a major public relations agency
- Connections with major public relations firms
- At least a first degree (Bachelors) in public relations or other relevant discipline
- Be self motivated
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to empathize with rare disease patients and parents of children with rare diseases.
- Ability to take the initiative
- Self starter
- Require the minimum of supervision
- Integrity and good character are essential for this position
- Ability to make strategic connections to newspaper editors, journalists, public relations firms, and others who can help to raise the profile of the organization
- May have a rare disease, but this is not a requirement for the role. However, the ability to empathize with patients with rare disease is an important qualification
- Retirees are welcomed.
Closing Date for applications: 2 September 2018
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter explaining why you want to be considered for this important roles.
- Provide a CV/resume.
- The latter must detail past work experience and skills gained.