Chief Operating Officer
The Putting Rare Diseases Patients First! organization provides a unique opportunity for those wanting to serve patients with rare diseases. The Chief Operating Officer will be responsible for the operations of PRDPF! This will involve setting up systems, setting goals for the success of the organization, managing the volunteers, etc. Because this position is a critical position, this person must be able to spend a minimum of 40 hours per month on a volunteer basis. We welcome applications from retirees who are looking to give something back to society, and who have the demonstrated track record in a COO officer position organizations.
Reports to the President, Dr. Lorna Speid
Basis: This is a volunteer position
- Oversee the running of the PRDPF! organization
- Set up systems of communication and documentation for the organization
- Advise on the hiring needs of the organization
- Assist the President in the development of strategies to further the goals of the organization in meeting the needs of patients with rare diseases
The COO should not:
- Give medical advice
- Feel compelled to assist patients and their families with personal problems
- Share confidential information
USA, UK (England, Scotland, Wales), Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Other countries in Europe, and Canada
Required Job Qualifications:
- Someone with demonstrated COO experience in virtual organization(s)
- Knowledge of the rare diseases space
- Be self motivated
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to empathize with patients and parents.
- Ability to take the initiative
- Self starter
- Integrity and good character are essential for this position
- Ability to make telephone calls to hospitals, patients, clinics, patient groups, etc.
- No conflict of interest
The closing date for applications is September 2nd 2018.
- Send an email to email@example.com with a cover letter explaining why you want to be considered for this important roles.
- Provide a CV/resume.
- The latter must detail past work experience and skills gained.