Vice President of Marketing
The Vice President of Marketing is responsible for marketing the Putting Rare Diseases Patients First! organization. The role involves the development of strategies that will raise the profile of the organization worldwide. The Vice President of Marketing sits on the Board of Directors.
This requires someone who understands the rare disease space intimately. The VP of Marketing must also be knowledgeable about methodologies that can be used to effectively market the organization. Although knowledge of the rare disease space is valuable, this person may or may not have a rare disease.
Basis: This is a volunteer position
Key Job Responsibilities:
Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and reporting to the Board of Directors about web site analytics
- Developing a strategy for effective SEO to increase traffic to the web site
- Developing and spearheading digital marketing techniques for the Direct to Patient Strategy.
Required Job Qualifications:
- At least 10 years of relevant marketing experience
- At least a first degree (Bachelors), and preferably a Masters or MBA
- Self motivation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to empathize with rare disease patients and parents of children with rare diseases
- Ability to take the initiative
- A self starter
- Someone who requires the minimum of supervision
- Integrity and good character are essential for this position
- Ability to make telephone calls to hospitals, patients, clinics, patient groups, that are serving
the rare disease patient community.
- The VP of Marketing may have a rare disease, but this is not a requirement for the role. However, the ability to empathize with patients with rare disease is an important qualification
- Retirees are welcomed.
Closing Date for applications: 2 September 2018